Yes, it’s coming closer now. Next Sunday I will be airborne and on my way to Cagian de Oro. Why this place? Of all places in the world I chose this place for the following reasons:
- My future wife lives there. Actually we met there during my holyday last June.
- Nice climate. I don’t like Dutch winters, the shortening of days makes me depressive. There is one known cure: Light therapy but as entrepreneur I cannot afford lying 10 hours per week on a sun bank.
- Talented and creative people. When I just look at my fiancé I know enough. It’s truly amazing what she can do with a Samsung Phone. I want to see what she is able to do with Adobe Premiere or Apples Final Cut Pro.
- Office in the Open air. Sounds crazy? Not for me. My office has a roof and a bar. Actually it’s a Hotel. Many foreign entrepreneurs have.
- Costs of living – Lots cheaper than here! Not just because things cost less. We also don’t have to pay taxes in the Philippines. For the price of a single room here (including income taxes) I can rent 10 rooms over there! It’s a nice place to work in.